Saturday, June 06, 2009

Soap Box Derby Race
















Michael and Emily both raced in the local soap box derby race today. They also invited a friend from school to come and race. Emily and Michael raced their stock cars while Donnie raced a super stock car. Michael lost his first race and then won them all to come out of the loosers bracket and race for 1st and 2nd. It was very exciting. He raced and raced and raced. He probably raced 8 - 9 sets of races. Wow! Emily raced well, and tried hard, but she lost both races she raced in.

Michael ended up with 2nd place. Emily got a participation plaque. It was a fun, tiring day.

I am still in the midst of folding clothes from camp. I got it all washed last night after we got home, but did not get any of it folded. I also have grocery items on the counter from today to put away. thus, my kitchen/laundry room is a mess. Actually, my whole house is a mess since I took the week 'off". I spent time for myself, and will have to play catch up this next week. Oh well - that is the way it goes.

No comments: