Mom, Emily, Michael and myself left for the farm on the 14th after church. We arrived there in time for dinner. Aunt Bonnie made some fried fish. They were delicious, but the kids were not impressed. I had made a cobbler for dessert.
We walked to the creek, walked in the creek, went into the barn (and got spooked by a white barn owl who lived in the barn - just ask Michael how quickly he can duck when standing on top of the hay bales), tried to catch the kittens (unsuccessfully), caught fireflies, trimmed bushes, picked weeds, washed jars, cut quilt blocks and quilt blocks and more quilt blocks, and just enjoyed our time down on the farm. It was good to visit with Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Lynn as well as Grandma and Grandpa. Justin was also down for the week to help Uncle Lynn. Due to lots of rain we did not get as much outside time as the kids would have liked, but they did get some and they were able to get into the creek one time.
We went to lunch with Aunt Doris, and her daughter Laura one day, along with Grandma and Grandpa. WE went to a new place in Pocahauntaus (not sure how to spell it). It was good, and now we know of a new place to eat down there.
I brought back some jars from the farm, as I am going to make some jelly with our mulberries. I plan on doing that one day this coming week - so watch for pictures. Grandma just couldn't get over the fact that I was going to make jelly. She said she did not like to make jelly - and couldn't believe that someone would want to mess with it. I am looking forward to making something different.
No comments:
Post a Comment