Tuesday, November 03, 2009

leaf raking











On Sunday afternoon the kids and I set out to clear the back yard of leaves. Michael and I started when we got home after eating lunch and going to the baseball card shop. Emily joined us when she and Doug got home after jr. high youth. I raked and then cleaned out the gutters while the kids raked and then started bagging up the leaves. Then I got going with the blower in places we could not rake up effectively. It took us about 4 hours to clear the back yard of leaves. We ended up with 14 bags of leaves and one trash can full of sticks and odds and ends. I can still feel it in my ribs and in my back - but it feels good to be done.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Andrew would be jealous! He just told me the other day that he wanted a giant pile of leaves to jump in. Unfortunately we don't have big trees around hence not many leaves. Maybe we can try Mom and Dad's house.