Saturday, November 07, 2009

Mock Apple Pie


Today I made some mock apple pie using green tomatoes. Our neighbor had given us some a few weeks ago - the day after our first frost. Today I had time to look up a recipe and make pies. I was able to make 3 pies. They look good and smell good - now I hope I can get my family to eat them. Doug is thinking I am crazy to make pie out of tomatoes - so I know he won't try them. Hope the kids will.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Dana I remember when Dad got me to eat a piece of pie at Grandma Truwe's house that was really a green tomatoe pie. I was convinced it was apple pie and didn't know the difference. Hope your kids will feel the same way. Trouble is they already knbow it's NOT apple pie.