Well, here we are well into Thanksgiving afternoon. We have watched part of Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, have eaten our feast of turkey (two varieties - smoked and roasted), dressing (two varieties), sweet potatoes (two varieties), potatoes, corn casserole, cranberries (two varieties), homemade bread - and of course dessert (two kind of pumpkin desserts - our classic and a new one which was also yummy).
I am very thankful this year for the fact that we had a feast - I think of many people in America who are having a feast provided for them by others - or no feast at all. I am very thankful for jobs, a nice warm house, two cars, and enough money to provide for all our needs (not always all our wants - but those are not always as necessary as we feel). I am also thankful for my family - my loving husband and my two giving, helpful kids. I am so blessed. God has been wonderful and is great! He has provided and surprised me in many ways. Thank you God!!!!
I have a turkey soup going on the stove with the carcas, and we will have that for dinner, along with homemade bread and desserts. We will then put up our Christmas tree so we can begin getting ready to celebrate Christmas with Karen.
No comments:
Post a Comment