Today was a productive day. This morning we relaxed and then went to Toys R Us to shop for Micah's birthday present as well as Noah's birthday present. We got some good sales - as well as presents that were easy to mail :) Then we went to the orthodontist, at lunch, and got a package ready to mail to Greg, Jamie, Micah & Naomi.
Then the kids and I hit the back yard and started raking up the beautiful pink petals that fell all over the back yard. We then raked a few bags of leaves also, that were along the fence line. In all I think we raked about 12 bags - 1/2 of which I took the the curb and 1/2 of which were too heavy for me to lift. We also repositioned many rocks and put them along the fence line or behind the shed to get them out of the way. We have too many landscaping rocks for the yard we have. A
After that i took the kids to the new Burlington Coat factory to let them each pick out something for $10. I had a coupon that was $10 off a purchase of $10 or more - so I got both outfits for $10. I anticipated each getting a piece of clothing, but they had great deals on some sets, so each got a cute outfit. michael got a blue althletic outfit while Emily got a babydoll shirt with white shorts.
We then went to two banks looking for 2009 pennies. Emily needs some for a school project - harder to find than we thought. Will have to go looking again tomorrow.
Finally I came home and cooked dinner. WE ate outside and then I cleaned the top of the stove. It was pretty bad -a nd I cleaned under the stove top also.
After cleaning the stove we ran for mulch - I will have to get 2 more bags tomorrow, but feel good about what I got down tonight.
Finally the kids and both Doug and I painted stepping stones. WE had done this a few years ago, and Emily requested we do it again.
We just watched the last few minutes of the Louisville women's game - they won and are going to the final 4 in St. LOuis. The boys did not make it, so now maybe we will hear about the women's successful season on the news.
Wow! Hard to believe I got all that done and did not even get up until 9:00 this morning :) I love spring break!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment