Saturday, March 07, 2009

auction




Tonight is our school's auction. The theme is the 1970's so almost everyone is dressing up in 70's style clothes. Here are pictures of the "costumes" Doug and I are wearing. We will get pictures of us actually in our clothes at the auction. Then I will post pictures of us - instead of just our clothes. It will look more dramatic actually on us - than just being draped on our couch. I just love thrift stores. I got my dress for $4 and then altered it a bunch with my sewing machine. I got my boots for $3 although they are too big. Emily had large gold hoop earings and I had a pink beaded necklace from a long time ago. So my costume cost a wopping $7. Doug's shirt was $1.50. The fabric inserts for his jeans was $1.50 per yard. He had an old pair of jeans and some old sandals. So his costume cost him a whole $3.00. Yeah! I just have to return the $20 sandals I found at first, but will never wear again.
Our whole Christ Care group is dressing up, so we should have some fun pictures of us adults now together. We have taken fun pictures of all our kids together, but not of us adults.
Pray for a successful auction. In the past we have earned between $60,000 and $70,000. With the situation of our economy, we did not get all the larger donations we usually get. I think we have just as many items, so hopefully people will have the money to bid on the items. Whatever money comes in is a blessing indeed! I thank the Lord for this opportunity to further the ministries we have at OSL. This will be a night of fun.

No comments: