Thursday, March 05, 2009

chapel







On Wednesday Emily's class had chapel. She and I played "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" on our flutes. It was a pretty duet with some good harmony. Then she sang "El Shadi" with a group of girls. Finally she was the main part in a skit - an old lady who had been a puppet minister, who was getting ready to die. She did awesome.

Michael also did the traditional 2nd grade - I Am a C song. They flipped letters as we sang the song.

I was so proud to be Emily's mom. She did awesome. What a great way to show her talents as she lead the school in worship. Not that I am not always proud of all her accomplishments, but she really did shine on Wednesday. Acting is a new talent she has discovered this year. She has been in two chapel skits (both where she was the main character) and had a part in the Boar's Head Festival. What great opportunities for her! I thank the Lord that she has had these opportunites to feel success.

No comments: