Saturday, March 07, 2009

coffee cake












Emily and made coffee cake for her state project. Thanks Aunt Dawn for the bag of coffee cake mix - yes it has been used :) She has the state of Missouri and she wanted to take in coffee cake and brats. So, since her project is on Wednesday, this weekend we tackled the coffee cake. After two calls home to mom and dad and one call to Aunt Bonnie, burning up my mixer, and making a mess all over the kitchen I finally got the coffee cake done. Not as good as Grandma's, or as pretty - but it feels good to know I made it. I did learn a lot for when I make it again - it will be a lot closer to grandma's next time. It is pretty thick - I put it too thick in the pan, should have been about 1/2 as thick. Oh, well. I will get some more mix this summer when we are in Frohna and have it on hand to make sometime for something special.
I left out some coffee cake for us to eat, put a 9 X 13 pan of peanut butter in the refrig for Wednesday, and froze two 9 X 13 pans (1 peanut butter, 1 cherry) for Easter. Yummy!

2 comments:

Holly said...

So glad you saved some for Easter. YUM YUM!! I know we had talked about Easter at one point, but not sure if I had told you we would be there. Well, we will be there as long as that's OK. I'll talk to you about the details later of course. Hope Emily's project goes well!!

Dana said...

Yes - we are looking forward to a fun easter with you guys and mom and dad. Should be a good time. I will have the Eggs ready to dye and some ready for a hunt in our backyard. Won't be quite as much fun since we got rid of the bamboo - oh well. Can't wait to see you. Love ya!