This summer I had planned to paint the living room, dining room & hallway (which I did in June) along with the trim in those areas. I used a little lighter khaki than was there to begin with, as well as refreshing the white trim. You can't really tell the difference, since it is basically the same color, but it looks a lot nicer. No more scrapes and scuff marks. I was feeling good about that accomplishment.
I had also planned to paint Emily's room - she wanted a make-over. That was a little hard for me, I think that is part of why I was waiting. When we moved in around 7 years ago I had painted her room pink, sponge painted it mauve, and then added a ballerina boarder. I had worked hard to make my little girls' room special. Now, she is 10 and did not want her little girl room anymore. Changing it would be admitting the fact that my little girl is growing up.
Now her room is in mid paint. We got 2 coats of tourquoise on 3 walls as well as her book shielf, and then we ran out of paint. One wall & her desk have 1 coat of paint. I will hopefully finish it up tomorrow after getting more paint. I am also painting her trim white - freshening it up.
We now have a Blue Boo - and he will stay that way for a few days, as I am in the midst of home visits as well as painting her room & VBS, so a bath for Boo is not in order. He has paint on his side, ear & tail. He looks funny. Check out the pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment