Last night Doug delivered Michael to a sleep over and birthday party and I took Emily up to Seymour to meet mom & dad. Both kids were away last night, and we did not have to get Michael until 5:30 today. So - we started off on a mission, deciding what to do about our kitchen cabinets. Do we repaint, do we buy new, do we buy new & finish them, do we buy new and have them already with a finish... Well, we went to a Habitat for Humanity store where they resell things as well as a closeout place for home improvement items. We did not find anything. We then went to Lowes and sat down with a nice lady and laid out our kitchen on their computers. Wow! The layout, design drawings, and cabinet layout service they have is incredible. We have drawings of what our 3 walls will look like when we are all finished with the cabinets.
We then went home and broke the kitchen into pieces (projects and prices that were broken down into smaller pieces. The whole project would cost around $1700. We started today with about 1/3 of that by doing the base cabinets by the sink, a new counter top and the base by the stove. Doug has had to take out and redo plumming as well as take out old and put in new cabinets. Right now he is in the process of sodering the water pipes back together so we can turn the water on for showers.
Tomorrow he will have to put the counter top on the cabinets and put hte one in by the stove. I will then reload the cabinets.
I have felt a little helpless, as besides emptying the cabinets and taking out the trash, I have not been able to do much. Oh well, I know I will have to repaint the kitchen and take down the wallpaper - so that will be my time to work.
I will post pictures when we are finished with thie part.
1 comment:
hope you got your issues worked out with the sink and the drawers. Guess there are always a few kinks in any project. Have a good week!!
Post a Comment