Wow! This is my 300th post! Hard to believe that I have been blogging that much and that long.
Well, I did not give an update on the kitchen. On Sunday when Doug put the counter top on, we then put the drawers in - only to find out that the drawers hit the counter. Yikes! That meant that Doug would have to take off the counter top, lift it up with some shims, and then secure it again. What a pain! The disappointing thing is this is the counter top that Lowes said would go with those cabinets.
He finished doing it again on Monday evening, as we had Christ Care on Sunday. Then we moved the one by the stove into place. We did not secure that one correctly, as when we repaint the kitchen we will have to take off some panneling (brick panneling) that is behind the counter and stove. I plan on doing some kind of ceramic wall tile - just have to find something inexpensive that I like and goes with the counter tops. Then I will have to figure out what color to paint. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I need someone from a home improvement show to give me some advice. It always looks so easy on TV. :)
All I know is what is in looks nice. They are reloaded (even though the shelves are a little shorter than what we had, so I had to redo the way I had things organized). I guess I did not need as much tupperware as I had anyway. :)
1 comment:
Post some pictures if you have a chance sometime! It sounds like it will be nice!
Post a Comment