Saturday, May 12, 2007

Birthday Party

Well, Emily had a successful birthday party with 10 girls. All of them made some great jewlery - their personalities really showed through their creations. Emily made a blue, white & pink bracelet and earing set. It is very nice. She also got some great gifts. She got two webkinz and spent time after her party and some time this evening checking out their website. I sat with her and explored with her so I would know more about what they are.

If you don't know - they are stuffed animals that come with a code to create an online account. Then the animals play on the webkinz website. The child is responsible for feeding, clothing, creating a shelter, and checking on the health of their webkin pets. When one buys a webkinz, you are given 2000 in webkinz bucks. More can be earned by playing games on the website. The money is spent by buying clothes, furniture, rooms, ... It seems like a very addicting thing. You can send webkinz mail to other webkinz owners - if you know their username, as well as visiting chatrooms. Parents have the option of locking out the chatrooms - which we did. I have a feeling we will have to limit her to the amount of time spent playing with the webkinz site.

In addition, she got crafts, movies, books, a gift card, a travel desk :), bath stuff, and other girlie things. She did get a animal DVD game which looks really neat - will have to try that one out as a family I think.

Michael went to play with two buddies who have sisters in Emily's class - so he did not have to experience the party - making jewlery was not up his alley.

All in all it was a great party! I will load pictures later, as I can't hook up our camera right now as we had to redo our whole computer and I do not have the camera software loaded yet.

Again, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: