Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What's Up

Last weekend was a fun time - Mom and Dad came down on Friday. We had pork terayki stir fry for dinner and then played Disney Scene-It and other games. On Saturday morning Dad watched the kids while I went shopping with Mom for my birthday present. After lunch we went bowling and then went home to change. We drove down town to park, walked across the 2nd street bridge and then ate dinner at Rocky's. We did have about an hour wait, but we watched the river and visited outside. We ended up getting home 10:00 (after the time change) so it was bedtime for the kids. Dad, MOm, Doug, and I sat around the visited for a little while and then headed to bed ourselves. On Sunday we went to Church - both kids choirs sang. After Church we had lunch and then mom and dad headed home.

Emily riding her bike.

Michael riding his bike and helping take the training wheels off.

There he goes - but not for long. He will get it soon!


After they left we headed to Flicko's so the kids could ride their bikes. Emily needed to relearn after her accident almost a year and a half ago. Michael practiced with training wheels and then went for no training wheels. He has a long way to go, but will get it soon.


Then Emily and I headed to buy mulch, flower seeds, and miracle grow. Emily wanted to plant a garden, so I found a small piece of dirt for her to use. I mulched most of the flowerbeds - still need one more bag. I also trimmed some shrubs and just enjoyed the weather.


The past two days it has been beautiful! The weather has been in the 50's in the morning and the 70's in the afternoon. Wow! It is hard to go in from recess, as it is so nice. I have been shooing the kids outside after we get home at night - they have become reacquainted with neighbor kids. There is a 6 year old girl and 8 year old boy who live behind us. They have gotten along well. It is nice that they have friends near. It will make the summer go by much quicker.

No comments: