Today Emily's class lead chapel. She was a "master" in a skit and did very well. She memorized her lines and was able to say them slowly and clearly. She also played Beautiful Savior as a duet (flute, clarinet) during offering. What is neat is her best friend plays clarinet and she plays flute. When I was in grade school I played flute and my best friend played clarinet. What a neat way to remember my childhood. I got to thinking back to playing some things with Nicci. Although we never did play any real duets, we did play together and were in band together from 5th through 8 th grade.
Michael started baseball practice last week. Doug is the coach of his team. Saturday is opening day at the little league field. The season will kick off with a parade on SAturday morning. Michael does not play until 6:30 on Saturday, so we will have plenty of time to do other things between the parade and his game. I will be working on things for the Easter Egg hunt at Church as well as taking Emily to a swimming lesson. Last year at the auction we bought swimming lessons - and we are finally working them in.
Thus, this week is a big week for both of our kids. It is a time for them to shine and show off their talents.
No comments:
Post a Comment