Friday, March 09, 2007

The Weekend is here

Today was grandparent's day at school. This is always an exciting day, but I never know how it will actually turn out. I had 16 students with grandparents of special V.I.P.'s in attendance, and 5 who were adopted out to other families. In class I had the first graders read to their grandparents, fill out a biography (what was your favorite book, what state were you born in, what was your favorite toy...) and finally play math games with their grandchild. In addition we had lunch. I also showed off my SMART board by reading the grandparents a book and then having them take an A.R. test on the computer. I also had a map of the United States on the board and had them drag the state they were born in onto the map. Showing off our technology was great - especially since we have our school auction next week at school.

The kids are on the mend :) It is beautiful outside :) What more can you ask? I thank the Lord for a beautiful day and for beautiful weather. I also thank the Lord for grandparents. I had one child whose grandfather died on Wednesday. He was a little out of sorts today, as his grandfather had just died of cancer. He really was in my thoughts and prayers. I thank the Lord for health and for life. Although my parents or Doug's mom were not able to be in attendance, we had a special couple who filled in as grandparents. Mom and dad are on their way down here as I write this note. The kids will just celebrate grandparents day a little late.

No comments: