Monday, May 24, 2010

picking mulberries

This year I have picked more mulberries than I did last year - which was a bumper crop. They are going straight to the freezer to await my jelly/jam making week. I can't wait to make a fresh batch. We still have 4 or 5 quarts from last year left.

Picking mulberries is giving me an upper body workout - reaching & streaching. Boo is also giving me nightly walks (we are being more religious about them, since he started wandering the neighborhood). So - I am hoping these two things will help spur me to get more active and start to loose some of this weight that I have put on over the past 12 years.

I think of what weight I was before Emily was born - and would dream of being a size 8 again. Motivation is the key! Pray for motivation as summer nears and I have more time.

No comments: