Monday, May 17, 2010

mulberry time

I noticed last week that the mulberry tree had tiny berries on it. Over the weekend they got bigger and started turning red. Tonight I went out and picked berries for the first time. I have a gallon of berries in my freezer put away to make jelly & jam. I can't wait to pick more. The kids are excited to help make more jam and jelly.

We pass two mulberry bushes on our walk and Michael's wheels started turning - he wanted to go pick from those bushes. I might have said yes, let's go ask the people (they always just let them land on the sidewalk and get mashed) but Doug is so against eating anything mulberry that what we have in our yard is probably more than enough.

I will have to keep busy and pick them every day now for a while as they ripen pretty quickly.

No comments: