Wednesday, February 03, 2010

attic stairs

On Sunday afternoon Doug tackled getting the attic stairs out of the attic and into our dining room in preparation for new stairs. We got the new stairs up in the hole, and then I was not strong enough or tall enough to help. Our friend Greg came over and helped Doug get it into the hole and in place. Yeah! For a while there I was afraid we were going to need another emergency room visit - due to the new stairs falling instead of old stairs breaking. But - with help Doug got them in.

That meant the Christmas stuff could finally be put away. While he was working on the stairs - I was busy filling boxes that he had brought down. I finished on Monday evening and then we put the boxes away too. Of course we found a few stray items that should have been packed away - they will get there soon enough.

I thank the Lord for good friends who can help one another out with home improvement projects. I also thank the Lord for a project safely completed - and no more injuries. We now have a strong, metal ladder where a wooden, old one was. I will feel safer going up with things - since I have something sturdy to step upon.

No comments: