Tuesday, February 17, 2009

yummy

I decided to try something different with pork chops for dinner. I made an apple pork chop dish. I sauted 1/2 an onion and 2 apples in some butter with cinammon and brown sugar. Then I browned the pork chops. I put 1/2 the apple mixture in the bottom of a pan and then put the pork chops in the pan. I then topped it with the rest of the apple mixture. Finally - I poured applesauce over the whole thing. I then cooked it today 30 minutes at 400. I looked at 2 recipes from allrecipes.com and came up with this after looking at the recipes and suggestions. It was good - but next time I will leave out the onion. I thought it would add flavor, but it added an odd flavor to the apple. Good, but just a little different.

Michael really liked it as did I. It was also pretty easy. So - those of you who have a freezer full of pork (like we do) give this a try. No odd ingredients involved.

2 comments:

Holly said...

sounds yummy Dana, maybe I'll have to try it sometime soon.

Greg said...

mmm, pork chops...I wish I had pork chops in my freezer.