My friend Jackie has started posting a top 7 list each Sunday. She then asks others who blog to do the same - so they can compare. So - here it goes.
Time for the Sunday Seven! Today's topic: Name 7 foods that are worth wrecking your diet for every once in a while. Or, if you don't diet, worth all the extra calories and fat.
1. Oreo Cheese cake - I have an awesome recipe that I do not make very much, as it is very tasty, but very rich. I try to make it healthier by using fat free cream cheese, but it is much better with regular, fat rich cream cheese.
2. pizza - especially bacon, chicken, ranch pizza from Wick's pizza. It is so yummy!!!!
3. grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - especially with lots of peanut butter. Sounds crazy - but if you have never tried it, you make them just like a grilled cheese, instead of putting cheese in the middle you put peanut butter and jelly.
4. Pumpkin pie ice cream - it tastes just like pumpkin pie, complete with little bits of crust. Another seasonal favorite is eggnog ice cream. That also tastes just like eggnog.
5. Pumpkin torte - my favorite pumpkin dessert to make at thanksgiving and Christmas. My mom made this all the time when I was young, and I make it also for my family.
6. Derby Pie - a favorite in Louisville. It is a pecan pie that has bourbon in it and other things. It is very rich, so you don't need very much to feel like you have eaten a million bucks.
7. Loaded nachos (or any nachos for that reason). I love nachos - the more toppings the better. Load it up with sour cream, tomatoes, black olives, onions, cheese, beef, salsa, MMMMMMM good!!!
Placeyour top 7 things on your blog, and comment here if you participate so we can share favorite foods.
1 comment:
thanks for playing! I can't believe I have never heard of grilled pb&j before - I'm going to have to try that! I'm with ya on the nachos too - sooo good! The cheesecake sounds yummy!
Post a Comment