Wednesday, February 04, 2009

wreath


I first want to Thank cousin Jamie for saying I could use her wreath idea for our school auction. I made a sample first so I would know what I was doing, before I started putting together the balls that my kids decorated. I have school color balls (maroon and silver) that they are going to paint pen with stars. Then I will put them together into a wreath.
I had some old balls that I did not use on our Christmas tree - so I first used those, and then ran out, so I figured I at least figured out how to do it before I did the one for the auction. Well, a parent picked up their kids and saw my partially filled wreath, and asked about it. When I said I ran out of balls that size, they said that Garden Ridge had balls 90% off. Well - that was an answer to prayer. They not only had 90% off, but had balls the same size :) So, I was able to finish my sample wreath :) I had to change my color scheme, but had the same sized balls. I decided to do a little camaflage with ribbon, since I had an odd color combination on the wreath. Here is what my wreath turned out like. I decided to give this one to the school auction also. I am also planning on going back to Garden Ridge to get some more balls to make one for myself. Let me know what you think :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it turned out great! We have the same school colors by the way! The maroon and silver will look awesome!