Well, if you lift a crockpot off a top shelf that you can barely reach, and the lid slips off and hits you in the top of the head - it is a weapon. That is what happened around 9:00 last night. Of course at first I thought it hurt like crazy, but then it got worse and I lifted my hand up to find blood dripping down. Well, that is when I really began to panic. Doug heard me screaming (and of course the kids did too - they had been in bed about 15 - 20 minutes) and came to investigate. He got a washcloth and an ice pack. I sat down for a while and then got dizzy - so went to lay down. My hands began to tingle & I was getting very hot - and then cold - and then hot - and then cold. I felt nausous and dizzy and began to worry. Of course, Doug is saying," You will be fine" the whole time.
Luckily we had our Greg and Juanita's oldest boy Patrick at our house, and they were on their way to pick him up. Greg was an EMT while in Nebraska and the military. So, he investigated after arriving. they both decided that I did not need to go to the emergency room - but to keep me awake for a few hours.
I laid on the couch for about an hour and then went to bed. I tossed and turned all night long - using an ice pack, and then switching to a fresh one, every few hours. I woke up about every 3 hours on clockwork as my head started hurting again.
This morning I washed my hair and went to school, but my head was really hurting so I called my Dr. and went at 12:00. She said I likely did not have a concusion, but my head may hurt for a month or more as I bruised the bone. She prescribed some pain med, and said to alternate that with ibuprofin (which I was already taking). I did not go back to school, but came home to sleep - and sleep I did.
I plan on going to school tomorrow. Hope all well be fine this weekend. Tomorrow is trick-or-treating and then we have a soap box derby race on Saturday. All I know is I will not be too good for bending over and carrying the cars. Hope Doug can find someone else to help out with that.
I am very fortunate that I was not hurt worse. Now my challenge is to rearrange my cabinets so my crockpot is on the bottom shelf - Dr.'s orders.
2 comments:
Ouch!!!!! Glad you're okay. Sometimes it hurts the worst when you DON'T break something!
Poor Dana. I'm glad that you're Ok, but my goodness that couldn't have been fun.
Post a Comment