Well, it seems fall has officially hit us - we are not having 90 degree weather anymore. We also got 3 days straight of rain :) We did need it. In those 3 days we just about caught up on what we were behind upon for the last 3 months. Kind of crazy that after 3 days of rain they can say a 3 month drought is over.
I just finished 2 days of Parent/Teacher conferences. They all went well. I am glad they are over though. It is something that I really do not enjoy, as you write comments to parents all quarter - send a written progress report every 3 weeks - and talk to them - and it still seems they are surprised about some things. Oh well - one tries.
Two weekends ago on Sunday we went to a Pumpkin Patch with our friends Chris, Sue & their two boys. It was a great time. The kids loved jumping on the hay mountain as well as swimming in the hay pool. They also brought home incrediblly large pumpkins - 27 lb. and 21 lb. They wrote on them with washable marker and we will probably carve them on Monday (as we don't have school on Monday :)
On Saturday of that weekend was our fall festival at school. The kids had a great time and got all kinds of goodies (A.K.A. junk) to bring home. Luckily not too much candy as they will not be able to eat a lot of it this year due to their mouth expanders. After the Fall Festival we went to Chris & Sue's house for Ben's 4th birthday. Since Michael had just gotten a bike - we took his old one to Ben for a birthday present. He seemed to enjoy it - the only problem was we left it in the van and when we got it out it was too dark for him to ride it. That was a little dissapointing for him.
Last weekend I worked on report cards & Doug went up to fix a garage door opener for Gene & Holly. The kids stayed in there with Gene & Holly over night - and had the chance to go to an orchard & pumpkin patch. Talk about lucky kids - two pumpkin patches in a week. I did tell them to make sure they got small pumpkins - as they already had their big pumpkins. They did listen :)
This weekend Holly, Gene and the boys are coming down to go trick-or-treating at the zoo. It should be a great time. This is Andrew's 3rd visit - and he will be mobil this year. Should be fun to watch him see all the characters. Hope to get some good pictures. My "good" camera has been on the fritz - so I am using our old one (which the screen magically works now) and I can't find the cord to connect it to the computer. After I buy a new one I will get some pictures posted. Until then just imagine all the events I have written about.
Enjoy the fall leaves and great fall weather!
Have a great day everyone - God bless you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment