As a Christian mother of two wonderful children, I have been called as a mother, wife, teacher, carpool driver, softball/baseball/basektball/soccer/volleyball/soap box derby mom, supporter, lover, reader and many other things. Praise the Lord for these opportunities to serve my Lord and my family.
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
games
Well, here it is a Tuesday evening. Doug is out of town so it is just the kids and I at home. Tonight the kids actually sat down and played a game on their own. Wow! They instigated it, set it up, and played it (almost to completion). They played a game of checkers. Of course, the checker board is in storage so they used the othello board instead - it works except is difficult to king. Then they played a game of othello. Kind of odd as I really did not need to help them. That is one of the first times that has happened with a "real game" and not a early learning game (like candyland, hi-ho cheerio...). Emily ended up winning othello - but Michael put up a good fight. Of course, they did not understand all the nuances - like getting sides and trying not to give up the corner. Oh well - that will come in time. They did think it was cool that I played the game when I was a kid with my grandpa in Minnesota. Hopefully this is just the first of much more game playing by the two of them(real games that is - not just on the computer/video games).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment