As a Christian mother of two wonderful children, I have been called as a mother, wife, teacher, carpool driver, softball/baseball/basektball/soccer/volleyball/soap box derby mom, supporter, lover, reader and many other things. Praise the Lord for these opportunities to serve my Lord and my family.
Sunday, October 07, 2007
American Girl Fashion Show
This afternoon I went to an American Girl Fashion show with Emily & two friends from school. One of the mothers went also. It was fun to see all the outfits and dolls as well as hear the stories of the dolls. A student from school (and whom I taught) was in the fashion show so that was neat to see. It was a fundraiser for the children's hospital in Louisville & it was at Churchill Downs in Millionaires Row. Wow! What a wonderful setting for a mother/daughter activity. They had fine china out and the waiters all served the food using coreography. What a memory. It was fun to see all the girls & their dolls. Although at first I really hated the idea of spending so much on a doll - the memories it has created and the fun Emily has had have been worth it. She takes her dolls on all kids of adventures - both real and imaginative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment