Thursday, August 16, 2007

uniforms & school prep

Today I got into the atic and went through school uniforms. Getting Emily out new pants and skorts in size 10 really made her feel grown up. Michael stayed with his same ones for now (of course he will probably have a growth spurt right after I put all the hand-me-downs in the attic). While I don't really like uniforms and would rather allow some freedom of expression in clothing, I do like the fact that Emily can pass her clothes down to Michael. There is little difference in girl and boy uniform pants & shorts. In fact, I can't tell which kind are which. It does cut down on the cost of clothes for school.

It also helped that today I found $10 shoes for both kids - Michael got some nice basketball type tennis shoes and Emily found Sketchers with charms on them that she really liked at this shoe store that was going out of business.

With finishing up school supply shopping last week, I feel I have all the stuff the kids need for school.

No comments: