Thursday, August 16, 2007

orthodontist update

Well, Monday I took both Emily and Michael to the orthodontist. Both will need mouth expanders - Michael on the top and Emily on top and bottom. Right now they have spacers in to spread their teeth apart. Monday they go back to get bands fitted for their appliances, and then the mouth expanders are put in place the following week. I feel like we signed our life away, but yet this is minor compared to what braces will cost (Emily will likely have them, but the verdict is out for Michael). Oh well, they will have a great smile right? Right now we are buying stock in orajel, as Emily is pretty uncomfortable with just the spacers in. I told her she will get used to them - but they will likely be the most comfortable thing the orthodontist puts in her mouth.

No comments: