Thursday, February 08, 2007

cough, cough, cough

Well, I have been out for two days with the crud. Finally today I am not coughing whenever I talk and having a sore throat. I should have been out on Tuesday, but there was already another teacher out and there was really nobody to sub. Thus, I suffered through (don't know who suffered more though, my students or myself). Yesterday I was at home and got a call from the school about 10:00 saying Michael was not feeling well. Doug picked him up (as I was on cough syrup with codine) and brought him home. He slept for 3 hours, was up for an hour, slept for two more hours, was up for about two hours, and then went down for the night. He was also running a temp of over 100.

Today I took him to the doctor, and they ruled out strep (as it was going around the school). I also had strep ruled out on Tuesday night. I am now over my feaver, but Michael is still running one. I guess we will be home again tomorrow. We had planned on going to Indy this weekend as FLICKO's is having an open house, but I guess Doug will go solo so Michael and I can continue to get over this crud. I just hope Emily and Doug do not get this crud.

The amazing thing is Michael's class had Chapel yesterday and Michael made it through Chapel. I did go to watch it (when I dropped the kids off at school I just stayed). He sang Jesus Loves Me as a duet, lead the Lord's Prayer, and had a speaking part in a litany. The kindergarten students also sang two songs. Surprising he made it through it all being as he got sick shortly after they got back from Chapel. He really did well with all his Chapel duties. We did get it on tape and hopefully can share it with family when we see you next.

No comments: