Christmas break began last Friday :) What a great time of the year! I look forward to this break - a chance to relax and enjoy the birth of Christ as well as do extra activities with my kids. Today I baked cut-out cookies and ginger bread cookies with them. I also made 4 batches of fudge and a double batch of party mix. I still want to do an almondbark pretzel thing I found. Then it is time to enjoy all the goodies :)
Tomorrow I plan to take the kids to the science center and then Wednesday they will both have friends over for the day. Then on Thursday and Friday I plan on working around the house - doing some painting and helping get the bathtub ready to resurface.
Saturday was a great day! We went to The Christmas Carol at Actor's Theatre. We then walked over a bridge and ate at a restraunt in Indiana. We had never walked over the 2nd street bridge, so that was a great experience. The weather was beautiful - almost broke a sweat walking over the bridge. After dinner we went back across the bridge - by then it was dark and the bridge was lit up with purple lights. We then went on a carriage ride. The coolest thing (Emily is still on cloud nine) is we got the Cinderella carriage. It is a pumpkin made of lights. What a wonderful surprise for her as she did not know we were going to do a carriage ride.
Sunday we went out to eat with some friends from church and then went bowling. After bowling we did an annual tradition - letting the kids shop at the dollar tree for family members. How funny to see what they pick out when given the chance to choose things on their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment