Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Day Before Christmas Eve

Today is a day of anticipation in our house. We are going to open presents, as we will leave later this evening to go to my parent's house. Emily and Michael are waiting and waiting. They keep looking at the mound of gifts and asking when Daddy is going to be home. He is doing a good deed - pulling up carpet at Church. They have to replace it as it was damaged when the flood waters came in earlier this fall. He will be home later this afternoon.

Seeing them wait brings back memories of me and presents as a child. I remember getting a rub-a-dub dolly when we lived in Iowa. That was a prized gift which I remember playing with in the tub for many years. I also remember getting the game Sorry from an aunt and uncle. Today Emily and Michael play on that same sorry game. I remember going to Galveston beach on Christmas the year we lived in Texas and had friends in for Christmas. I also remember getting sun glasses from an aunt one year and all of the cousins wore them and thought we were so cool. Christmas programs and plays also fill these memories as well as Christmas trees, Christmas lights, and Christmas trips. Childood memories are great - and they do help us relive the joy of Christmas. The true memory though should be of the gift of Jesus. Jesus is the reason we celebrate and he is the one we should remember and reminisce about. I hope to create Christmas memories of Christ which can be remembered in my children.

Merry Christmas to all of you. Jesus loves you and I love you! God's blessings to each and every one of you.

No comments: