Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Fruit Basket & Christmas Break

Today I got to thinking. I received a fruit basket from a student. This is the first time in my whole teaching career that I got a fruit basket. Fruit baskets make me think of fancy hotels, busy people, old people, and impersonal gifts. I will keep the fancy hotel idea in my head - and think about my home being a fancy hotel - instead of a simple 3 bedroom home. :)

The kids and I had a good time at the science center. We got to see 3 different demonstrations. The kids thought the shrinky dink one was the coolest. Made me think of doing shrinky dinks when we lived in Iowa. We did them at Christmas time and traced pictures from coloring books. Mom then taped them to the windows at Christmas time as decorations for the next few years. What a fun memory. I will have to find shrinky dinks so Emily and Michael can do some more. They both were amazed at the plastic and how it shrunk.

Tonight I got our Christmas letters ready to mail. Of course they won't get to people by Christmas, but shortly thereafter. It is the thought that counts right? We are mailing about 55 so far - will probably do more as we receive more.

Tomorrow both kids will have friends over to play. I hope to wrap Christmas gifts for family members while they are playing with friends. On Thursday I plan on taking them to the bat factory. Michael has been wanting to go and we have not been for a while. Kids have free admission during Christmas break - so what a great time to go. Should be fun.

No comments: