Well, here I am, attempting to create a BLOG. I have done e-mail for years, have done graduate classes on-line, as well as creating yearbooks and other technological publications. Now, here I am trying to create a BLOG for myself.
In this BLOG I hope to share the ramblings of my life as a busy working mother. I am trying to balance time with my classroom, my two children, my husband, my school related obligations, my church obligations, and all the many other things I do.
Right now I am in the midst of teaching 22 first graders. Helping them learn to read, do basic addition, write sentences and have fun while doing it all is my job. I spend 5 days a week - 180 days a year doing this. I just recently earned my masters degree in early childhood education, so I guess that is what I will be doing for a while.
In addition, I am raising an 8 year old girl and a 6 year old boy. Going to soccer games, helping with piano practice (and flute practice starting this week), reading books, helping with homework, playing games, playing mediator, and laughing fill my time.
I have been exploring technology since I was in the 5th grade. I can remember when they first wheeled an apple computer into my classroom in a cart. Boy was that cool. Then, after a year or so, our school got a small computer lab of apple computers. There were still not enough for every student, but more than just one for the whole class. From there I took high school classes, was the computer teacher's aide (copying 51/2 inch floppy disks seems so crazy now), and learned BASIC. I remember getting a Texas Instruments Computer (yes, they did make computers) and playing all kinds of games. That occured when I was in 5th or 6th grade. Now, I am ready to help my children explore technology. I hope that through this BLOG they will be able to see me explore technolgy in a personal way (not just for graduate class like they did ofr the past two years).
No comments:
Post a Comment