This afternoon Doug took "puppy" (the puppy we rescued) to the Humane Society. Hopefully someone will come looking for the dog - as the only response to the signs the kids posted was a call asking for a shitzu/chuawa (? on spelling) mix. That was obviously not the dog we had.
When I told the kids that Daddy took the puppy to the Humane Society, they asked "Why?" They have not played with her much, and have been scared, but I guess they thought they might be able to keep her (they liked the idea of her - but not the actual her). Adding one animal to our family in the past few months is enough.
In August, I had decided that after almost 6 years of being without my cats (Alex and Katie whom I left in Fort Smith) I was ready to have another cat. A member of our church had found a stray cat - and could no longer keep it - thus we added Benny to our familiy. Benny is a sweet cat who loves to curl up on the couch during story time. He does seem to have some health issues, which we are dealing with, but it does not change his temperment. He enjoys letting the kids pet him, as well as playing "attack" with their shoe laces. He is declawed and has all his shots, so we really were fortunate.
We also have two parakeets - Belle & Angel Cake. They are noisy, and do not get out much. Benny does not bother them at all :) They have a happy community of sharing our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment