It is crazy. We will not start school until the 24th but I have all the kids school supplies labeled and ready to go. Wow! I think it was the earliest that I have ever done so. I was able to hit sales for most of the things, but still ended up spending around $80 for school supplies. That is actually not bad for two kids. I also have two bags of extra stuff for when they run out of pencils, glue sticks, paper, notebooks, crayons ... It always happens mid year, and I sure can get things cheap now, rather than pay regular prices later in the school year.
Emily ended up with a patterned purse like lunch box while Michael has a Star Wars one. Both kids have backpacks already from last year that they will use, as I bought them good ones last year. That really helped with the school supply budget. I just need to get a few uniform tops - but will do that later in the year as they have enough to start the year.
I think all I need to get yet for back to school is shoes for Emily. Michael has two very good pairs of shoes that fit him - so I will buy them later when they run out.
I always forget how many things I need to get for back to school - until I need to go get all the things. Of course the kids are old enough now that they remind me of what they "need" to get :)
Happy August and happy back to school time!!! Good luck to all of you who need to school supply shop.
If you need a bargain - Staples has paper for 1cent until Wednesday :) I plan on going to get some tomorrow - as I just found out about it today from another teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment