On Friday the kids had a lemonade stand. I helped them make slice and bake sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies to sell in addition to the lemonade. Lemonade went for 50 cents a cup and the cookies were 50 cents each. They started around 1:00 and got off to a slow start. They had a few sales - but around 3:00 it started picking up. Between 1:00 & 4:30 they ended up bringing in around $35.00. Emily gave $2.00 to a neighbor boy who came over to play and helped some. Then Michael and Emily each got $10 and they decided to give the other money to the neo natal unit at the children's hospital here in town.
After bringing in a good haul, they decided to try again on Saturday afternoon. Business was a lot slower - and after about an hour they had brought in $1.50 and decided to close up shop.
I will post pictures after I find where Emily put her camera - I took pictures on her camera.
After bringing in a good haul, they decided to try again on Saturday afternoon. Business was a lot slower - and after about an hour they had brought in $1.50 and decided to close up shop.
I will post pictures after I find where Emily put her camera - I took pictures on her camera.
1 comment:
That's kind of neat that they made that much money. I never remember having such success whenever we tried to have a lemonade stand. Guess it's not such a terrible thing that you have foot traffic in front of your house.
Post a Comment