As a Christian mother of two wonderful children, I have been called as a mother, wife, teacher, carpool driver, softball/baseball/basektball/soccer/volleyball/soap box derby mom, supporter, lover, reader and many other things. Praise the Lord for these opportunities to serve my Lord and my family.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
A Classroom Funny
Last week I was trying to teach my class about compound words. For some reason, they were having trouble grasping the concept. After 5 minutes of beating my head against the wall, one girl raised her hand and said "Father". I said, "No, fath and er were not words." She very seriously said, "Yes, fat and her are words, so it is a compound word." I laughed and said, "yes they are words, but would you call your father a fat her?" The whole class then laughed. "I said you might call him a fat him, but not a fat her. I then quickly said, I hope you would never call your father a fat him either." Wow! First graders sure keep you on your toes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment