Well, here it is the end of January already. I am getting ready to celebrate the 100th day of school with my 1st graders. Wow! Where did the time go? Tuesday I will have my students bring in 100 of an item (m&m's, marshmallows, q-tips, leggos, Barbie shoes...) and we will do all kinds of activities with the items. In addition, we will explore the number 100. I wish we had done a 100 day celebration when I was in school - it is a lot of fun. Our Principal even dresses up as 0 Hero and leads the kindergarteners and 1st graders on a counting trip around our school.
School is not all we have been up to. This weekend was a girl's weekend. Emily and I spent the weekend scrapbooking and watching movies while Doug was helping Gene install flooring in their house. Michael went along to Grandma and Grandpa's house for some quality time. Emily and I have watched How to Eat Fried Worms, Hoot, and a BAbysitter's Club Movie. Today I think another movie is on the adjenda for after Church. I think I have almost finished scrapbooking 2006 :) All I have left is Christmas and I hope to finish that today. Then it will be beginning on 2007 and then the hard job - sorting and doing the years 1998 until 2005. It will be fun to relive the memories, but hard to decide what to take out of photo albums.
Other things that have happened this January include Emily playing intermural basketball. She is enjoying it. She especially likes guarding one of her best friends. It is funny to watch the two girls - they stick to eachother like glue. I dont' know what they care about most - sticking with one another and waving their arms around or catching the ball. :) Next week is their last game.
Happy 2007!
1 comment:
I never got to celebrate the 100th day of school either...but I know my mom does with her 2nd graders! Have a fun time!
Post a Comment