As a Christian mother of two wonderful children, I have been called as a mother, wife, teacher, carpool driver, softball/baseball/basektball/soccer/volleyball/soap box derby mom, supporter, lover, reader and many other things. Praise the Lord for these opportunities to serve my Lord and my family.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Sleepover
Friday night Emily had a sleepover with 3 friends. she has three good friends that she gets together with to have "S Club" meetings. Abbie had a basketball game, so we loaded up to watch the girls basketball team play in our tournament - they won!!! Then, all 4 girls were together. They iced cookies, decorated bell ornaments, watched Charlie Brown's Christmas & Roudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, talked, had a devotion, and just had fun together. They actually settled down around 12:00 - so we did get some sleep. Doug was snoring, so while I went to bed around 11:30 - I did not get to sleep until around 1:00. We ended the sleep over by going to help at the cookie wrap at church. They were assembling 40 boxes of cookies for the shut-ins and the Church staff. The girls helped fill the boxes. It was great to see them working side by side with the older ladies - and a few of us younger ladies. What a blessing Emily has - some good Christian friends who love one another and try to do what is right. :) I praise theLord for this influence on her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment