Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Leyna's confirmation

Michael ,Leyna & Emily

Holly, Grandma and myself

Sunday we went to church to celebrate Leyna's confirmation. What a wonderful event! Wow! It was wonderful to see the almost 30 8th graders profess their faith with their families. Many family members took part in the confirmation blessing. That was a special tradition. Will have to pass it on to our church.

It is hard to believe that she is finishing 8th grade and is ready for high school. She sure is growing up fast. Of course that means my kids are right behind her - YIKES!!!

It was great to see the whole Mueller family (minus a few cousins). It is great that the family gets together to celebrate these special occasions.

I spent quite a bit of time visiting with grandma and aunt doris. I got some advice for the next time I make coffee cake (check back in March for my coffee cake experience) as well as hearing about other experiences they had earlier in life. One can learn so many things from our elders if we just sit and take the time to listen. I thank the Lord for these opportunities and memories.

No comments: