Thursday, April 10, 2008

spring break

We are on spring break this week! On Sunday - Tuesday we were in Indy with mom and dad. We had a good time and I was able to get some more pictures for a project I am working on for grandma and grandpa. We went to the Canal on Monday night to walk - as the weather was so nice. We also taught the kids to play rumikub, played aggrivation, watched Michael and dad play carom & watched the 3rd Star Wars movie. Michael is really getting into Star Wars. Spike TV had them on this past weekend and this coming weekend. We have 4 of the 6 movies - and he had not seen the one which was on. Luckily dad was able to DVR it - as it was on from 8:00 - 11:00 and Michael would not have made it to the end.

Tuesday morning was the most adventurous. We had found a museum entitled "The American Super Hero Museum". It was a museum of all the movie & cartoon super heros - and I thought it was right up Michael's alley. WE left around 9:30 to go downtown. AFter reaching downtown - the turn that my GPS said to make was not there. We drove around for a few mintues and then called Doug to have him look for it in Mapquest. Those directions were also wrong. After driving around for about 10 more minutes we found the street (a miracle) and fed a parking meeter. We walked to the museum - and found a vacant building. The decals were still on the building - but all the windows were covered with paper. MIchael was upset and asked if we could go to the other one (the description of the museum said there were only two of its kind - so he wanted us to go in search of the other one). We opted to go to the state capital - which was just a short ways away.

After lunch at Cici's we headed home - stopping at the outlet mall. There is a Croc's store in the outlet mall now - so the kids each got a pair. I also hit Carters to buy gifts for a baby shower - and little Micah. After that we headed home.

After arriving home I started clearning out brush, vine, bamboo and other "junk" which was growing on our back "flower bed". It is hard work - and my back is sure hurting after working on it Tuesday for a few hours & yesterday for about an hour. Yesterday I also helped paint the back wall of the school stage black for our school play, as well as paint some wooden horses which we decorate each year in celebration of Derby.

Today I am just hanging around the house and relaxing. I will likely go dig up some stuff in the back yard - but then again may not.

No comments: