Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping paper. Unwrapping makes such a fun sound - rippp!

2. Real tree or artificial? Fake! After turning our carpet green when our real tree tipped over (due to the food coloring we were told to put in the water) I will not have a real tree again!

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving afternoon

4. When do you take the tree down? Probably after New Years when we return home

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes indeed - especially with a little spiced rum

6. Favorite gift received as a child? my rub-a-dub dollie

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? many! Michael has them have "Church meetings" and loves to play with them. He wishes I would leave them out all year.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad!

9. Easiest person to buy for? Emily

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? various knick knacks from students. Once I got a brown ceramic squirrel.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail! It's the only time some people get real mail from us.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love Charlie Brown's Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? January ...try to buy all year when things are on sale. Some years I do better at this than others.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'll never tell

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? chex mix, dill oyster crackers

16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes - I thnk just about every early childhood teacher can!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? neither - we have a cross

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Whenever we're together with family. Not necessarily Christmas Eve or Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? All the santas, reindeer, snowmen, and elves you can find - but not many nativity scene items.

23. Favorite Christmas tradition? making Christmas cut out cookies

24. Up early or sleeping in? I always like to sleep in when it's an option

25. Who hands out the gifts? We take turns.

26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? No santa in our house!

27. Do you tell the Christmas story? Someone does sometimes

28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? No santa in our house!

No comments: