Today Michael sure made me feel old and out of it. He has this thing about leaving his dark church socks on after church and putting on shorts. Boy does he need a fashion consultant. Anyway... today he had on velcro shoes, dark socks (pulled up to almost his knees), jean shorts and a t-shirt. He was getting ready to go to the store with Doug and I asked him if he really wanted to wear those socks & shoes. He said, "why mom?" to which I replied, "So you don't look like a Geek!". He then said, "what is a geek mom - that sure is a funny word."
I guess that is how mom and dad felt at times when I did not get their lingo from their childhood. I guess there must be a new word for geek in today's lingo. If you know it - please fill me in so I can communicate effictively with my son next Sunday when he tries to wear dark socks with velcro shoes. :)
1 comment:
GReg keeps his dark socks on after church too. It must be a guy thing. (at least they wear dark socks to church). However, Greg does not wear velcro shoes!
Post a Comment