Today I took my class on a field trip to see Alice in Wonderland. It was good - but kind of different. It was a psychadlic (? on spelling) version - not what I expected at all. The story started out sweet and traditional and then the curtain opened to a black area with neon props. It really got the first graders attention - but was not what I expected at all.
This week has been warm so far but it is supposed to get cool tonight and possibly freeze tomorrow. I just hope it stays nice for halloween and the weekend before. I will never forget my freshman year of college when halloween was cancelled due to a blizzard - of course that was Nebraska and not Kentucky, but I can't ever help but think it could happen again.
For Halloween this year Emily is going to be a princess - Ariel with legs since she was Ariel the Mermaid last year. I made her a pink princess dress which turned out too big so I had to alter it a bit. Michael is going to be Dash from the Incredibles. I found him a costume for $20, so I could not even begin to make it for that. It is nice to have it all thought out and finished well ahead of time. Last year I had planned on making a costume, but ran out of time (wonder why as I was balancing graduate school, teaching, parenting, cooking, cleaning ...).
We still need to plan our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch, and take fall pictures. Maybe this Sunday we will go, as it is just about the only time we have to go. When I get pictures, I will place them on the blog.
I hope all of you are having a great week and enjoying the world which God created for us to enjoy. All the changes which fall brings sure remind me of the beauty of the creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment