Monday, September 07, 2009

Weekend in Indy

Doug and Dad playing corn hole
Emily picked some beans from dad's garden - yummy!

Mom and Michael playing corn hole against one another.

Here is the peanut gallery cheering on the corn hole players

Emily and myself playing cornhole


We went up to see mom and dad this weekend. Doug and Michael headed up on Saturday morning after a sleepover birthday party that Michael was invited to. Emily and I headed up after the volleyball tournament.

Michael, Dad, and Doug had a 12:00 tee time on Saturday. They played 16 holes, as it took a long time and they were headed to the Indians/Bats game. They were only able to get standing room only tickets -a nd Michael ended up getting sick to his stomach, so they headed back to mom and dad's. Emily and I made it up around 9:00 on Saturday night.

We headed to bed after talking for a while and then got up for late church. We actually played some Phase 10 before church - taking turns switching hands. It was kind of funny taking turns playing while people were getting ready for church. Then we went to church at Trinity, ate a lunch of BLT's, played some corn hole, Apples to Apples, Aggrivation, Phase 10, ate a dinner of tacos, played some more games, took a 2 hour nap (the kids did), went to Kohls (mom, Holly & I), went to build a car (Doug and Michael), played canasta (mom, dad, Doug & I after the kids were in bed) and went to bed. Boy was Sunday a fun, full day.

Today it was computer shopping time for mom and dad, as mom was unable to put microsoft word on their computer. Doug then spent time setting it up, while Doug and I showed them how to do things on it. In addition we played aggrivation and corn hole. For lunch we ate some pork steaks, potatoes, corn, cantilope, and jello. Then Dad and Michael went running, the kids ran back to the remote control car store with Doug (so he could talk with a friend who was an assistant manager there), and I showed mom and dad some more things with their computer.

It was a great time to get away. Thanks mom and dad for your hospitatlity.

No comments: