Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Saturday - Thursday

We were in Hot Springs, AR with Mom, Dad, Greg, Jamie, Naomi, Micah, Holly, Gene, Andrew & Noah. It was a fun time. We played in the sand with the kids at the condo, went swimming, played Wii and other games, took a family photo shoot. On Sunday night we went out to eat as a family and then the guys surprised us with a wedding reaffirmation service at the hotel. After that we had birthday cake and celebrated the July/August Birthdays (Gene, Mom, Michael) The guys went golfing on Monday and while they were on the course, Doug's kidney stone friend started bothering him. He made it until 9ish that evening before I took him to the emergency room. They admitted him and we were finally settled into the room around 2:00 AM. Needless to say, it was a night of little sleep for me. Doug had all kinds of medicine in him, so he slept fine. Tuesday the girls went downtown to see the hot springs museum and state park, eat lunch, and then did some antique shopping. I sent Emily along with Mom, Holly & Jamie, but I stayed at the hospital. They had a good time. Luckily Tuesday night Dad was willing to stay with Doug, so I could get some sleep. The kids were not dealing well with being away from us, so it took a while to get them settled on Tuesday night. On Wednesday Holly & Gene headed home. We stayed around the hotel, watched movies, played games, went swimming, and played in the sand. Packing up was also part of the day, as we had to be out at 10:00 the next morning. Mom and Dad got going around 9:00. Greg & Jamie and we got on the road around 10:00. I again drove all the way home as Doug's kidney stone was bothering him and making him sick to his stomach as well as in pain. We got home around 8:00, unloaded, headed to get Boo, and then I went to the grocery store to stock up on some things we were out of. It was after 11:00 before I went to bed - exhausted!!!

It was a good trip - shorter than we expected as we did not go to Chatanooga after Hot Springs due to Doug's kidney stone. We hope to go there again when we have a long weekend sometime.

No comments: