As a Christian mother of two wonderful children, I have been called as a mother, wife, teacher, carpool driver, softball/baseball/basektball/soccer/volleyball/soap box derby mom, supporter, lover, reader and many other things. Praise the Lord for these opportunities to serve my Lord and my family.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
surprise
Today I was in the middle of a science lesson on motion, forces, speed... We were in the final lesson of a unit which we had been covering the past few weeks. I turned the page and was surprised to find a picture of two soap box derby cars on a starting ramp. Wow! I have been teaching this science book for 4 years - and did not know what soap box derby racing was all about about until the past year. Last fall when I taught this lesson, we were not into racing yet. It all began in May. So - tomorrow Doug is going to bring in Emily's car and we will show it off. Hopefully it will work for Emily & Michael's class to come in and see the car also. What a great way to end a science unit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is so neat!
What a great idea! I hope it goes well.
I'm sure Emily with be proud to show off her car.
Post a Comment